Thursday, May 5, 2011

Game 7 (Sort Of)

After utterly destroying the Flyers in Game 3, the Bruins look good to continue the trend and sweep them right out of the playoffs.
But.
The now-infamous implosion from last year is still hanging in the air, making all Bruins fans hold their tongues. The eerily familiar spot the Bruins find themselves in right now is making me nervous.
I'd like to think that this year's team is different, that this version of the Bruins is the one that is going to advance to face the Lightning (thank god they bounced Ovechkin, I'm sick of that guy).
After watching last night's game, it's feeling that the Bruins might be this team.
But hopefully you'll forgive me if I'm a bit hesitant. I'm ready to run my mouth like a crackhead in a holding cell, but I'll hold my tongue...for the moment.
NOW GO YOU FUCKERS! BOUNCE THIS TEAM AND SHOW THEM WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF! SMASH THEM INTO THE BOARDS, DROP YOUR SHOULDERS INTO THEIR CHEST, MAKE THEM SOIL THEIR SHORTS! WIN THIS GAME AND SHUT THE ANNOUNCERS, THE PRESS, AND THE FLYERS UP!
MAKE THIS GAME THE DEFINING MOMENT OF THE 2011 PLAYOFF RUN! SCORE AND SCORE AND SCORE AGAIN! DON'T LET UP FOR ONE FUCKING SECOND! PLAY THIS GAME LIKE IT'S GAME FUCKING 7!
Game 4. Friday night. The opportunity to once and forever put aside the failure of last year.
Go B's.

No comments: