Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What the hell?

So I get home from work tonight, excited to settle down and watch a game that doesn't include horrible All-Star jerseys.
Imagine my surprise when I see not only Lucic, but also Andrew Ference!
I was stoked!
Then I knew that I must be dreaming because all of a sudden #37 is skating by, in glorious HD on the 50".
What the hell?
I'm sure I wasn't the only one that thought Patty Cake was going to be kissing another seaon good bye when he ate some plastic/kevlar, courtesy of a mistimed checking effort on his part.
Claude keeps injuries VERY quiet, and there was no timeline for Patty to return, though he's been skating for a little while now.
It was just great to see him get back in the swing of things. Not only did he shake off the rust, but he made a gorgeous diving play to keep the puck in the zone and then passed it over to Savvy, who after one little shifty move, popped it in the back of the net.
The Capitols are a strong, fast team. Their power play makes me watch for two minutes behind my hands, as the puck moves lightning fast with Ovechkin and Semin out there.
The Caps have given the B's a hell of a time this year, and it was great to see Krejci bounce one off of one of their own players to finish it off in OT. Some would call it luck, but I'm betting that Young Krejci was thinking that it just might work.
Timmy made an outstanding save in OT that made them realize that they weren't going to leave without the W.
Props to the boys for a great game.
And jesus christ, it was nice to see those guys back on the ice.

Go B's!

No comments: