Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Intent to Injure? BULLSHIT



As a human being, I sat on my couch last night concerned for the lifeless body on the ice. Fuck a spinal injury; I wasn’t so sure Max was breathing at first. But as he got carried away and you could see his movements in his hands/feet, the Bruins fan in me let out a loud and resounding: FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKK.

The replays were like jet fuel to the mouths of every obnoxious Habs fan (almost all Habs fans). I’m one of those people who don’t argue with fucktards. There is no fun in it, it’s just annoying. And even more annoying is the smug look on their faces when my lack of argument translates into a big win for them. Little do they know if I unleashed the bayonet of verbal punishment I was impaling into their brain that was playing out in my own medulla oblongata, they would be most likely crying, perhaps in a fetal position after we were done. But beating up on the weak…it’s not right. I spend a lot of time swallowing words and avoiding said fucktards so I don’t have to deal with my inner tantrums so much. So why the hell did I think that it would be a good idea to log onto Facebook and Twitter last night?? A masochistic streak in me I suppose.

The fucktards had come out in full force and they brought their whole fucktard family with them. CHARA’S A GOON! KILL HIM! LIFE TIME SUSPENSION! HE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING! THROW HIM IN JAIL!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH.

So here is my take. And after this, I’m not talking about it. Chara is not a dirty player. He was simply rubbing a player out. Rub outs in hockey happen as often as rub outs in a 15 year old boy's bathroom does. 99.99999% of the time the player doesn’t even lose balance. However this .0000001% of the time it happened at the wrong place in the rink. A dangerous place which quite frankly should have gotten looked at as a design flaw years ago. There was no intent. And if you really looked at the play, you’d see Chara was looking up ice at the unfolding play. He wasn’t lining up Max’s head perfectly to hit the pole. Blame the NHL, not Chara.

So really people, before you grab your pitchforks and torches to run Chara out of the league, do something quite foreign to you and THINK. If the same thing had happened but roles were reversed to a Gill doing this to a Krecji, you’d see no foul in it either…. Oh that’s right, you may have a hard time envisioning that due to the fact you’ve never seen physical play from Gill because he’s afraid of hurting his vagina.

My prayers are with Max and his family. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

But if Chara gets suspended, even for a game, I’m calling B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, well put, totally agree, hockey is a rough sport, I wish Max well but every hockey player knows the chances they take...thank you for the write!